Pies are actually known as the must-have recipe while preparing thanksgiving dinner. If you are planning to prepare delicious pie made of pecan, then you might require help from the recipes that are formulated from some known chefs.
Here is a brief description of the recipe for preparing the perfect pecan pie.
Prepare following ingredients for preparing the pastry of 1 x 23cm dimension.
- ¼ tsp salt
- 190g plain flour
- 1.5tsp cider vinegar
- 1.5tbsp cold water 9water from refrigerator is preferred)
- 75g cream cheese
Prepare the following ingredients for the filling.
- ¼ tsp salt
- 125g pecans
- 2 egg yolks
- 100g dark muscovado sugar
- 2tbsp bourbon
- 100g maple syrup
- 2tbsp corn flour
- 85g butter
- 200ml single cream
How to prepare Perfect Pie of Pecan
- Preparing Pastry
- Mix salt and flour and cream cheese with the help of a food processor. Start either rubbing in or pulsing in the butter of 2cm pieces. Continue till the butter blocks turn into the size of the garden pea.
- Now add water and keep stirring the mixture. Add vinegar also during the process till butter turns into the size of small petits pois.
- Now add the mixture into a bag and continue kneading it. Follow the procedure till the mixture becomes like a dough. Make small discs of the dough and chill them for about 45minutes or even up to 12 hours.
- Grease the surface of the tart tin of the 23cm thickness and flour the surface of the tin. Now start rolling the pastry till the dough becomes 5mm thickness. Continue lining the tin and keep it to chill for about 30 minutes.
- Prepare the oven by heating it to 180C. Now start tipping the pecans inside the lined baking tray and bake for about 6 minutes in the oven till they become toasted. Now allow them to come down to room temperature and crush half of the oceans in the tray.
- Start pricking the base of the pastry using a fork and line them with foil. Now fill them with dried pulses, baked beans and rice and bake it for about 15 minutes. Now remove the foil and allow the beans to bake till they turn to golden color.
- Take maple syrup, butter, sugar and cream inside a heatproof bowl and place the bowl inside the simmering water. Continue stirring till the ingredients melt and mix perfectly. Now gently sprinkle the mixture onto the corn flour and allow it to dry into smooth and silky texture.
- Stir the bourbon by taking off the heat. Add salt and egg yolks to the mixture along with the crushed pecans.
Arrange the uncrushed pecans on the pie artistically and bake it finally for about 25 minutes. Allow it to cool and enjoy tasty and perfect pie of pecans.